We’re busy preparing the store for our event with President Jimmy Carter this Saturday, August 1st at 2:30PM. President Carter will be here at BookPeople to sign copies of his new book, A Full Life: Reflections at 90.
If you will be attending this event on Saturday, here’s what you need to know:
- Please leave all bags, purses, and other large personal items at home or in your car.
Plan on entering the store with your ticket(s) and items that fit in your pockets (keys, wallet, cell phone).
- Ticketholders MUST be in line at 2:30pm when the signing begins. President Carter signs VERY fast. We cannot guarantee signed copies or entrance to the signing line for late arrivals, even if you purchased your ticket well in advance.
- The line for the signing will form first come, first serve the day of the event. Our store opens at 9:00AM. Please do not arrive to line up before 9:00AM, as we will not be able to assist you.
- The first 800 books distributed will be first editions. After that, books will be second printings.
- You MUST present your ticket to be admitted to the signing line.
- Each ticket admits ONE person to the signing line. There is no limit, however, to the number of tickets one person may have and exchange for books.
- You will exchange your ticket(s) for a copy of the book in the signing room, after you meet President Carter. Here’s how it will work: You will enter the signing room with your ticket(s) in hand. You will be ushered to the signing table by BookPeople staff, where you will meet President Carter. After you meet President Carter, you will exchange your ticket for a signed copy of the book. REMEMBER: President Carter signs VERY FAST. The line will move quickly.
- Due to time constraints, books will not be personalized.
- Photos will not be allowed at the signing table.
- No memorabilia will be signed at this event.
- If you purchased a ticket and cannot attend the event, we will hold a copy of the book for you for 30 days after the event date. We will make every effort to secure a signed copy, however, we cannot guarantee that the book held for you will be signed.
We will have a lot of staff on hand providing plenty of guidance, guidelines and instruction. Thank you for cooperating with all of us here and with on-site security. Our goal is to make sure everyone who attends has the opportunity to greet President Carter and receive a signed book. If you have any questions, please give us a call: 512-472-5050 or send us an email: online (at) bookpeople.com.