We’re bringing you YA news from around the globe and highlights from the BookPeople Teen Press Corps Blog! Don’t forget to check out the blog for new reviews, event reports, and other teen news!
News from The Bookosphere!
13 Reasons Why We Can’t Wait for This Weekend’s Release of 13 Reasons Why on Netflix
- Because we’re out of episodes of Iron Fist so it’s time to pick a new show to binge watch, and this one is definitely going to be an immediate must see!
- Because Selena Gomez’s teaser of her cover of Only You has us already reaching for our Feels tissues before the show’s even out.
- Because we can’t remember the last time we cried ridiculously hard at a TV show so this will definitely be the kick in the heart strings we need.
- Because they didn’t water down the content or try to talk down to the teen audience it was intended for.
- Because we’ve all had moments where we wished we could explain to the people in our lives how they’ve hurt us, and Hannah’s tapes provide us that cathartic release.
- Because Brian d’Arcy James and Kate Walsh are extraordinary actors and we know they will break our hearts as the Bakers.
- Because the teens in the cast are mostly unknown which means we can really lose ourselves in the characters they play without being distracted by trying to remember where we know them from.
- Because this looks like it will definitely be a breakout role for Katherine Langford and it will give us a tease for how she will do in Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda (which we also can’t wait for).
- Because the pieces of Clay and Hannah’s emotional journeys help us cope with our own struggles in life in a real, raw way.
- Because Dylan Minnette was fantastic in Goosebumps and we can’t wait to see how he emotionally captures all the ups and downs Clay goes through in the book.
- Because we can only read the book so many times before it falls apart…how many copies do you own?
- Because we need thought provoking movies, TV shows, and books to keep us talking about important topics like suicide.
- Because ten years later, Jay Asher’s words are just as amazing and inspiring, and it’s time the whole world hears them!
Everyone try to remain calm! This is not a drill! It’s really happening! Strange the Dreamer is finally out!!!
Laini Taylor, author of the amazing Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, has brought us a new adventure in a world where the gods are dead and the dream claims the person. Lalzo Strange, the war orphan and Junior Librarian, has always been obsessed with the mysterious city of Weep, but has been too afraid to journey there himself. But when a godslaying hero and his team of warriors show up, opportunity is more than knocking, it’s demanding Lazlo’s attention. This may be the chance to lose his dream forever, or it may be the first step on a path Lazlo is far from prepared for. Filled with carnage, monsters, love, and intrigue, Strange the Dream, is a masterful journey only Laini Taylor could create.
Roshani Chokshi created one of the most epically beautiful worlds ever in The Star-Touched Queen, and she is back in that world with A Crown of Wishes. Once again this story is filled with the Hindu inspired wonder that Chokshi artfully crafts into every word she writes. A Crown of Wishes follows Gauri (Maya’s sister) the Princess of Bharata as she is taken prisoner and faces a life of exile. But when Vikram, the cunning prince of a neighboring land, offers her a chance to win her kingdom back, Gauri will embark on a journey to the Tournament of Wishes in a mythical city filled with more dangerous than she and Vikram can imagine. But those trials are only the beginning, and the two find that the ultimate test is yet to come.
Event date: April 8, 2017 – 2 pm
Hold onto your magical butts, because Cinda Williams Chima is back with another Shattered Realms novel, and this one is poised to be even more fantastical than the last. Set in the same (albeit it war-ravaged) world as her Seven Realms book series, Chima brings us a new adventure featuring the next generation in their perilous battle of life, death, and country.