I always get a little nostalgic during this time of year. I think it’s because I see new backpacks, boxes of crayons and other back-to-school necessities, and I have no need for them. The end of August and beginning of Fall was always a time of excitement for me, because I loved school. Yes, I was a nerd. Obviously. But that sense of anticipation, of looking forward to new things, I still have it.
This time of year at BookPeople has its own sense of anticipation and excitement. Fall is the big “Book Season.” Tons of books come out, and most of the big name authors tour now. Which, for me, is pretty awesome and definitely something to get excited about. And, well, I might go buy a 64 pack of Crayolas too, just for the heck of it.
To give you something to look forward to in the Fall, here are some of the authors heading to BookPeople in the upcoming months. Mark your calendars!
- 9/12 7PM – Brad Meltzer – The Book of Lies
- 9/13 3PM – Darryl Wimberley – Kaleidoscope
- 9/19 4PM – Rick Riordan – The 39 Clues
- 9/19 7PM at St. Edwards University – Bob Schieffer – Bob Schieffer’s America
- 9/25 7PM – Neal Stephenson – Anathem
- 10/3 4PM – Christopher Paolini – Brisingr
- 10/4 3PM – Chuck Klosterman – Downtown Owl
- 10/7 7PM – Art Spiegelman – Breakdowns
- 10/8 7PM – George Rodrigue – Blue Dog Speaks
- 10/15 7PM – Jonathan Carroll – The Ghost in Love
- 10/22 7PM – Maureen McCormick – Here’s the Story
- 10/28 7PM – Sarah Vowell – The Wordy Shipmates
- 10/29 7PM – Alan Cheuse – To Catch the Lightning
- 11/10 7:30PM – H.W. Brands – Traitor to his Class
- 11/16 1PM – Rick Steves – Europe 101
- 11/20 7PM – John Grogan – Longest Trip Home
And that is only a third of the events we have on our schedule! Can you see why I’m full of anticipation?! I’ll be putting up more in-depth information as we get closer, but this little taste of what’s to come should get you excited. I mean, c’mon! Art Spiegelman! Marcia Brady!
Posted by alisonkn